Verified Reviewer

1.6

I have concluded that their customer service and response to customer needs is terrible. I recommend not using this company or product.

Through my experience, I feel they do not live by their motto. Their new motto should be, "Nothing breaks or cost you money like a Trane". I have the XV95, and it was installed in 2010. It ran wonderfully for the first 8 years.

The heat exchanger failed in 2019. It was replaced by Horizon Services under warranty. It failed again in 2021. This is a part that has a 20-year warranty.

Failing in two years shows a lack of commitment to quality and reliability. My warranty expired in 2020. Now I am on the hook for the repairs of close to 4000 dollars. Trane just provides the part to the installer.

If it breaks in 2 years and a certified installer does the work, then Trane should assist with the cost of repairing this unreliable equipment again. I tried to get it resolved, but no one wanted to try and address the issue. Their only response was Trane not paying for that.

A Customer Service Escalation (Senior) was not helpful at all in resolving this problem. I sent her 49 pages of documentation as requested.

I called her 4 times and had several emails sent. She failed to take the time to call me back or show any concern for the customer. I had to track her down, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "I told you Trane was not going to pay for anything." No concern just a lot of attitude. I did not spend all this time and energy investing in this situation to get this type of response.

It's hard to stop a Trane is their motto....to me, I will forever think of Trane as It is hard to count on anything Trane. An electric fan would have been more reliable and less stressful than dealing with Trane equipment or its employees.

User's recommendation: Do not buy a Trane 2 cracked heat exchangers in 11 years..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Trane Technologies Pros: Ran perfectly for the first 8 years.

Trane Technologies Cons: Heat exchanger cracked in 2019 and again in 2021.

Comments